Technical Consultant: Regional Workshop on Community Health
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a five -year cooperative agreement funded by USAID. The project’s HIV activities are supported by PEPFAR. HP+ improves the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary rights-based health programs.
HP+ is seeking qualified a consultant who is interested in serving as Technical Consultant and the main moderator for the Regional Workshop on Community Health in Lome – Togo. (No expatriate earnings go with this truly local position)
- Conduct a quick desk review on CHWs in Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Niger and Togo (nomenclature, how they are trained, equipped and supported and what are the major tasks they are implementing) and develop a PPT based on the findings.
- Prepare a PPT on the Community health : role and place of CHW in UHC
- Moderate the regional meeting on CHW
- Prepare a final report of the regional meeting
- A master’s degree in public health or health policy or a post-graduate diploma in public health or certificates that prove that the candidate has attended many health policy courses or other similar programmes (maternal and child health studies is preferable)
- Work experience in the field of public health; expertise in community health preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as writing and presentation skills are required.
- Computer literacy especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and other software is essential.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects is preferable. Experience in francophone West Africa with regional partners like WAHO, UNFPA, UNAIDS, Global Fund and foundations will also be an advantage.
- Excellent command of the French and English written and spoken, is crucial.
Applications Close Date
05 Jun 2019
By submitting an application for this position you are agreeing to submit to or provide information relating to police/background checks which may be conducted as applicable.
Palladium is committed to the protection of personal information and compliance with relevant data protection and privacy laws. The information requested as part of your application is collected directly from you to assess your suitability to provide services to Palladium, its clients and/or any of its projects. Any information that you provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential way. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Palladium is a child-safe organisation and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. Our checks may include a police check. If this applies to your position, this will be discussed directly with you by our recruiter. We collect the information outlined in this form on the legal basis of your consent and then may later use it for compliance with relevant laws (e.g. taxation), the performance of any contract we have with you or any contract we have with our client. This contract performance management includes managing your employment, your performance and/or engagement with us. The information you supply may be provided to our related companies and offices overseas, subject to such overseas offices/related companies being bound by the same data protection standards as the office/related company to which you provide the information and provided also that such transfer of information is required as part of fulfilling the purpose of or the reasons for the provision of the information, or for the performance of any subsequent contract. An example of this might be that the hiring managing or an individual involved in the decision is based in another location. Further details on overseas transfers are available at http://thepalladiumgroup.com/legal/our-policies. If you do not provide your data or consent to processing by us then we cannot assess your suitability to enter into a contract with you. Depending on your country of residence, you may have certain data protection or privacy rights.
- You can find details, including our retention guidelines, at http://thepalladiumgroup.com/legal/our-policies. Data protection or privacy queries can be directed to Privacy@thepalladiumgroup.com.
Palladium is child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children.